The Winter Faith Collaborative is an interfaith network of communities offering temporary shelter for the house-less in places of worship throughout Santa Clara County. During the cold and wet winter months when the potential for loss of life is at its greatest- communities host overnight shelters, daytime shelters, and safe car parks.
Our ultimate goal is ensuring everyone is housed. Until then however, we guide and encourage communities to offer temporary housing… COME JOIN THE GROWING INTERFAITH MOVEMENT!
We have engaged over 100 faith communities across Santa Clara County and need YOUR HELP to shelter, volunteer, or donate!
Checks are also welcome. To donate by check, make check payable to: ‘Willow Glen United Methodist ‘ (memo field should indicate the donation is for the Winter Faith Collaborative). Mail your check to the attention of Ingrid Quigley,
Willow Glen United Methodist Church. 1420 Newport Ave. San Jose, CA 95125
Totals from our second 2017 season
* 39 faith communities participated * 438 individuals guests served + 27 hosted a shelter (overnight, (a 69% increase from 2016) daytime, or safe car parks) * 59,630 individual meals served + 12 offered meals, volunteers, * 77,445 volunteer hours materials, or other resources
Collaborative Opportunities for Faith Communities
- Overnight Sheltering: Sheltering people nightly either the entire winter season or in rotation with other communities.
- Daytime Drop-In Center: Open during the day, people visit to keep warm, rest, use restrooms, computers, cell charging, receive food and water.
- Safe Parking: Safe place to park for those who live in their car, including use of bathrooms, showers, electricity, water and meals.
Questions? Come to our regular Meetings: 1st and 3rd Tues. at Christ the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. 1550 Meridian Ave. SJ from 6:30-8pm.
Attend a “Sheltering Workshop” Informational Meeting at the below locations/dates:
- St. Jude’s Episcopal Church. Sat. Nov. 18th at 1:30pm. 20920 McClellan Rd. Cupertino 95014
- Willow Glen United Methodist Church. Sat. Dec. 2nd at 10am. 1420 Newport Ave. San Jose 95125
- Most Holy Trinity Church. Thurs. Dec. 7th at 6:30pm. 2040 Nassau Dr. San Jose 95112
Email: email@example.com or Call (408) 345-5351
If you are unable to provide shelter, there are great needs for volunteers, food, supplies, and monetary help to help run the shelters themselves. Also needed is “behind the scenes” help with administration, coordination, event planning, fundraising, outreach, grant writing. (You don’t have to have a specific, or any faith belief to volunteer.)